Plastic Gaylord Containers are plastic bulk containers that can hold loose product, in a manner similar to cardboard gaylord boxes. In fact, plastic gaylords are more often called pallet containers, but many people in the industry see the similarity between pallet containers and gaylord boxes, so it is only natural to call them plastic gaylords. Some plastic bulk containers are very similar to gaylord boxes. Well, if you are looking to puchase plastic gaylords, specifically used plastic gaylords, then Container Exchanger can help you. We buy and sell used plastic gaylord shipping containers. See below for a couple of sample container pictures.
Used Plastic Gaylords
Plastic gaylords are usually collapsible. Used collapsible plastic gaylords are made from a rigid structural foam material that is extremely strong and durable. These collapsible gaylords are suitable for many manufacturing applications, such as part storage or part transport. The weight capacity on collapsible plastic gaylord boxes varies, but generally, the capacity ranges from 1,500 lbs to 2,500 lbs.
Collapsible plastic gaylords also have several size options and feature options. The sizes can be any of the following footprints:
The other primary options with plastic gaylord bins is the color and the number of drop doors, or access panels. The access panels provide a way to access product that may be in the bottom of the bin without an operator leaning over the sidewall of the container.
Some boxes are more common than other boxes. Follow this link to see a nice representation of our plastic gaylords. From a compatibility standpoint, many of these containers from different manufacturers are actually stack compatible with each other. That is, Ropak, Xytec, and Buckhorns usually stack together, assuming that they are of the same footprint size.
Here are some helpful files to see dimensions, weights, and capacities on Plastic Gaylords:
Ropak 2005 Catalog
Buckhorn Bulk Box Catalog
Schoeller Arca 45″x48″ Info Sheet
Here are some direct links for standard Plastic Gaylor Box sizes and footprints:
- 30″x32″ Plastic Gaylord Boxes, available in 18″, 25″, 30″, 34″, and 39″ heights
- 40″x48″ Plastic Gaylord Containers, available in 16″, 25″, 30″, 34″, 39″, 42″, 48″, and 50″ heights
- 45″x48″ Plastic Gaylord Boxes, available in 25″, 29″, 33″, 34″, 39″, 42″, 48″, and 50″ heights
- 56″x48″ Plastic Gaylord Containers, available in 19″, 25″, 34″, and 42″ heights
- 64″x48″ Plastic Gaylord Boxes, available in 19″, 25″, 34″, 42″, and 50″ heights
- 70″x48″ Plastic Gaylord Containers, available in 19″, 25″, 34″, 41″, and 50″ heights
- 78″x48″ Plastic Gaylord Boxes, available in 25″ and 34″ heights